GSA/WSP provides contribution towards workshops aimed at sharing knowledge and/or exchanging ideas in the broadly defined field of genetics.
Up to $1000 AUD can be provided to up to 2 events per year on a competitive basis (a total of $2000), with one round of applications considered per year.
Application deadline will fall 30 days before the annual GSA conference, with the winners announced during the conference. In 2021, the deadline is 26th of September.
To qualify, the applicants must:
- Be current GSA member(s).
- Be students or employees of Australian or New Zealand academic or research institution.
- Organize workshop in Australia or New Zealand within one year from the award.
- Acknowledge GSA support on the event promotional materials.
- Submit application including following information:
- 500 words description of the planned activities
- invited speakers/presenters
- dates of the workshop
- expected numbers and types of participants (students/postdocs/staff/academics/teachers)
The successful applicants will be expected to provide a one slide summary (can be a screenshot from the event website) before the following GSA meeting. These will be shown during announcements of the next awards.
All applications must be submitted by email by the closing date to