Applications for GSA Student Conference Awards are invited from science students completing, or having completed within the past 3 months, their third year of undergraduate study, Honours, Masters, or equivalent, at a tertiary institution. These awards provide the opportunity for students to attend ComBio2022 incorporating the annual GSA Conference, to be held in Melbourne 27-30 September 2022.
Further details about the conference, including programme and invited speakers, can be found on the conference website.
Up to ten awards will be available to students attending the conference. Each award will include:
- The full cost of student registration (including social events)
- One ticket to the GSA social event on Thursday evening
- One year of GSA membership
Students will need to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in, or have completed within the past 3 months, an undergraduate, Honours, Masters, or equivalent degree, and should have completed at least one university-level course in genetics. Please note that PhD students are not eligible for these awards.
Students should submit their application as a single PDF with “GSA Student Travel Award” in the title to A/Prof Maja Adamska, at GSAA.Awards@gmail.com. Students should include in their application:
- A copy of their academic record/student transcript [does not need to be certified]
- An outline of their interests in the field of genetics
- Their full contact details: email, postal address and mobile phone
- The name and e-mail address of one academic referee
Closing date for applications is 7th August 2022
Successful applicants will be notified by 15th August 2022